Friday, November 20, 2015

ILP "Participation" -Lynda

Getting Started in Graphic Design with Kristin Ellison
Activity Log:
1.      Discussion of core elements of graphic design are layout, color, typography
2.      Emphasis on audience and goal influence the way project is laid out
3.      Giving examples on when typography is to be visible and professional compared to creative and artistic
4.      Examples of different logos are shown and discussed in terms of how they serve as a representative for the company/product
5.      Poster that are creative and artistic in an unique manner can become art in themselves (Rosie the Riveter)
6.      Creativity is something that can be practiced, cultivated, and put into place by action.  Taking simple steps outside of a norm can constitute creativity.
7.      InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator are the main programs utilized my graphic designers today.
8.      She also discussed pros and cons which means costs, printing, and accessible.

Learning Experience:
            I felt that tutorial were simple and easy to follow.  The vocabulary was not difficult to disgust and was presented in way that allows me to feel as if graphic design is such a daunting task.  I understood the point Ellison was attempting to get across and took away pieces on both visual theory and use of visual software.  It was definitely interesting in the sense that I have recently taken an interest in graphic design.  It was also intriguing because I felt like there were easy advice that is easily applicable when learning any new skill.  In addition, there were also further resources which provided which could tailored more to my interests.  It gave me a basic overview which was really nice, as I am just now beginning to take interest in graphic design.  This tutorial gave me some points of starting and encouragement.  My personal style is learning by doing.  This tutorial was superficial informational rather than learn how to do this specific task.     
Products/evidence:

I learned that graphic design is a complex practice which requires a good amount of work to get good act.  Targeting a specific idea within graphic design allows someone to become more familiar the programs they’re working with.  For example, taking time to understand typography, play around with it in InDesign and create projects for varying audience facilitates growth in the field.  The conversation on the importance of typography, color, and layout also told me what I should be focusing on when designing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment