Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blog Post 10

While working on the PowerPoint Interaction assignment, I gained many new skills within the program PowerPoint.  Prior to working on this assignment, I did not know how to hyperlink within the document, meaning I didn’t know how to hyperlink one slide in the presentation to another slide.  With this skills I can create presentations which allows for interaction between the content and the audience.  I liked how I could use PowerPoint to educate an audience without just talking at them.  I could be using PowerPoint presentation in my future career to pitch ideas or display work.
            In the field of education, data collection is crucial to measure the progress and placement of students.  When researching data collection tools I came across assessments are popular in education.  As a teacher, I would use assessments to gauge a student’s understanding of content and progression over a period of time.  In terms of middle school biology, I would begin with a diagnostic exam of content we will cover in the first semester.  As we cover content I will give tests specific to that material.  At the end of the semester, we will measure growth from beginning to end.
            First off, I found looking at my classmates’ blog was nice.  I really enjoyed just looked at how we designed differently and approach topics with our personal styles.  In addition, I really enjoyed Hunter’s blog and took some time to comment.  I enjoy the idea of electronic paper and despite having heard of it before, the way she discussed allowed me to realize how revolutionary it could be.  I also enjoyed Baylee’s blog post 5 which talked about the potential of Tumblr and YouTube in a classroom setting.  I really appreciated how she emphasized how web 2.0 tools can facilitate connections in the classroom.
            A technology I would like to learn most is probably a three-way tie between Photoshop-based graphic design, video editing/production, and audio production.  I have always wanted to get involved with creative technology which can used in the music industry, advertising, and advanced forms of blogging/vlogging.   Personally I feel the hierarchy of information exchange in our society is rapidly shifting and I want to be apart of this revolution.  Previously, all news, media, and cultural content came from long-established corporations ruled by the 1%.  Now with Web 2.0, the people of any given identity can contribute to the circulation and communication of information.  Independent music and be made and distributed with little regulation and censorship.  News articles can be written from differing perspectives and documentaries can be produced without the underlying American centrism found in most of what we watch.

            In terms of educational goals, I will continue to work steadily on my degree in English.  This gives me the option to working in copyrighting, publishing, and production of written materials.  Alternative routes would be to work in the education field as a teacher or professor of English.  I will achieve these goals by continuing to familiarize myself with technology both in class and my extracurricular involvement.  Creating connections both in and out of the Tallahassee community will open up career opportunities for me in the future.
 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! You definitely have solid ideas about what you want to do in your future. The "three-way tie" of technologies you want to learn will absolutely be beneficial to you!

    ReplyDelete