Monday, September 21, 2015

Blog Post 3

         
     An infographic is a visual which presents information to the reader using elements such as symbolism, diagrams, charts, and text.  The infographic I am critiquing speaks on the education of girls in an international perspective. The title automatically tells the reader what they’re getting into and provides a clear purpose.  The aesthetics consist of bright eye-catching colors and appealing visuals. The infographic is set up in three categories, divided by color. The purple section discusses the consequences of not education women, the pink presents the benefits of educating women, and the orange displays the results of their current efforts. There are examples and statistics which work to provide evidence backing their claim.
     In the situation that I were a teacher, I would love to implement blogs and emails in the class curriculum. This would give students the opportunity to express their creativity and stay connected outside the classroom. In terms of digital citizenship, privacy and appropriate behavior online will be my main concerns. The best way to prevent any issues arising is working with parents and filtering what the students can access. I would try blog with students at the high school level  and would implement software which blocks off inappropriate websites and have parents and students sign an agreement regarding online use.     
     While working on the newsletter, I learned how to use different functions on Word and worked to make my document aesthetically pleasing. I liked that I was able to be creative and make the newsletter my own. Word did give me some problems and would often re-position items on the page when they didn’t need to be moved. I also learned how to change the color schemes and create items such as text boxes.  



1 comment:

  1. Great blog post, Briana! I love your infographic!
    Word can be very frustrating... sometimes it has a mind of its own!

    ReplyDelete