Thursday, September 3, 2015

Blog Post 2

                As a student, I have used Microsoft Word for a variety of reasons. For example, I have utilized this software to write papers, write lab reports, create graphs, create tables, write stories, and write articles. Microsoft Words is very versatile and accessible, which is why it has remained a constant throughout my educational career. In terms of teachers, they often have often used Word to create handouts, worksheets, tests, and quizzes for students. My previous educators used Word for its functionality and ability to work as an effective word processor. When reading through the text, creation of quality instruction could be made using Word. Writing ideas, planning, and designing an effective way to teach can be easily recorded with Word and allows for future editing.
                In an educational setting, copy writing and fair use of materials has come up quite a bit. For example, when working on projects such as PowerPoints or research papers citing sources is necessary. I have used MLA and APA formatting to give credit to website, articles, and books which helped me further understand and explain my topic. In addition, I encrypted my AP art portfolio images so they could not be reused. Watermarks have also been useful with photography. As a teacher I will show my students how to protect their own creative work and original knowledge.  I will also serve as an example of how copyrighted information is to be treated and cited.   

                I did not have Twitter previously to needing one for my first semester of classes. I know now the mechanics of the site, understand its popularity, and have grown to appreciate how it facilitates community. For example, twitter has allowed for me to stayed tuned with my fellow classmates and explore new content related to educational technology. The use of hashtags also makes navigating the social media platform much easier and makes particular topics accessible. 

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Briana! I'm glad you are enjoying your first time using Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete